Re: [Amc-list] six flywheel

On Fri, 7 Mar 2008, Wrambler242@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> 5oo horsepower?
> Front engine?
> Time to make a engine plate and go to a scattershield...
> Then you can get a transmission that won't frag if you forget it's for show and floor it!

Point taken... Navarro got 550hp from the early motor (I
think I have), it's all hot air from me at this point but
likely I'd detune it for a lot less than that. It's a tough
project, actually, it was made to be a 500 mile grenade, with a
too-big truck turbo (30psi?) and a huge del'orto suck-through
carburetor. Sounds too nuts for the street (1) and unlikely I
have anything close to tat skill level (2) or $$$ (3).

And I have the injector manifold from the 750hp model! 182ci,
750hp, 6 holes, 6500 rpm -- you figure it out. The man was an
insane genius.

Probably I should aim for 300hp and call it a day. 300 is no
joke -- it's still almost 2hp/ci!

You're right, a welded steel box right under my ankles would
be a better idea.