Re: [Amc-list] Harmonic Balancer not terribly balanced - repairs or repl

Re: [Amc-list] Harmonic Balancer not terribly balanced - repairs or replace?

Bruce,
  Give the guys at Damper Doctor a call or shoot them an email.  They can probably rebuild yours for you ... might even have one available, too.

  www.damperdoctor.com

  Sincerely,
  Greg Taylor :) <><

Bruce Griffis <bruce.griffis@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  Okay - the harmonic balancer on my '65 Rambler American w/ 196OHV is
mighty wobbly. When running the engine, I can see that it is not true
all the way around, and the fan belt is moving because of it.

Kennedy American has replacements for 149. Napa sells a repair sleeve
for $10. I'm guessing - remove the old one, bore it out, sleeve it -
and hope it's straight. How have folks dealt with harmonic balancers?
Do they go out of plane, or would I remove and reseat it?

So: remove/reseat, sleeve and repair, or replace?