Re: [Amc-list] While we are talking starters - 88 GW Starter

Re: [Amc-list] While we are talking starters - 88 GW Starter

Thanks for the heads up the other GM starter I listed.

  GT :)  <><

Nick ALFANO <71amx@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  Greg,

That starter will not work on a 390 either. In fact, it is not even close and wouldn't work on any 1968 and later AMC V8 either judging by the way the mounting hole looks. Not sure what application that is for. The good mini starters for AMC V8 are about half that size in length (although there are others), and have a billet front mounting plate and mount up the same way our factory starters do with one bolt threading into the bell housing and the other the opposite way into the starter. They can also be turned incrementally 360 degrees to adjust to clear headers and other obstructions. I would be careful of any mini starter for an AMC in this price range as there is a lot of junk out there and a number of places selling re-manufactured starters as new.

Again, not trying to make sales here as there is not much mark up in the mini starter I sell, just trying to save you and others on the list from making a mistake that is going to cost you more in the long run.

Nick,

Alfano Performance
4849-76 st.
Kenosha, WI. 53142
262-308-1302
262-942-8271 after 6pm central and weekends

Message: 5