Re: [Amc-list] 232 crank pulley question

As long as the pulley doesn't rub anything and the belt lines up (and doesn't rub anything) it doesn't matter how the pulley is put on the balancer (crank pulley).

---------------
Date: Sun, 2 Mar 2008 00:00:19 -0800
From: "Thomas Garner" <Tgarner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hey guys,
 I almost done adding power steering to my 64 Classic. I took the crank pulley off and took to parts store to match bolts for the pump pulley. Now I'm putting it back on. After looking it over and trying to put it back on the way it came off, the pump pulley doesn't fit right. If I turn the crank pulley around the pump pulley seems to fit perfectly.

 Originally, it had small extension (about 2 inches) going into the engine. If I have the small extension stick out towards the radiator, the pump pulley bolts on flush to the crank pulley and it appears the power steering pump will align perfectly.
 Does it matter which direction the crank pulley is put on or taken off? Do I have the wrong pump pulley? The one I have I bought off of ebay and it said the pulley came from an 80's model jeep with a 258.

--
Frank Swygert
Publisher, "American Motors Cars"