Re: [Amc-list] Thanks for the tip on the brake lights, ...

On Fri, 29 Feb 2008, Wrambler242@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Do, not seal the lenses in with siliconeo r other sealer.
> Get or make new gaskets.
> sealing with sealer seals in moisture that creeps in past the socket and wires.
> Then it all corrodes, quickly.
> Been there done that.
> Oh, yeah, you break the lense prying it off the silicone too :[
> Good thing I had spares.

I did that too!! But now I make gaskets WITH silicone...

Nice neat bead on the housing, let it partially cure, then apply
silicone GREASE to the lens edge, press into place to shape
the silicone. Sometimes screw on til it just touches. Tighten
the next day.