Re: [Amc-list] T96, T14 clutch -- final numbers

Re: [Amc-list] T96, T14 clutch -- final numbers

" From: Frank Swygert <farna@xxxxxxx>
"
" Didn't know the bolt pattern changed Andrew! All the T-96s I've had
" dealings with are 63 and earlier. Tom's is a 63 American, which has
" the bell housing rear mounts. Even the 63 Classic T-96 I had used the
" small bolt pattern even though it used a trans mount, so that's not
" an indicator. Hmmmm.... maybe it is though! I used the 63 Classic T-96
" on a 79 multi-pattern bell.

makes sense.  if it had the rear mount, it'd need the lowered bolts
for strength.

" Only difference was the diameter of the
" front bearing retainer (smaller on the T-96).

yep.  the t96 and car t14 are only 4.25".  most other warner, gm, and
even many [mostly older] ford trannies are 4.64"; starting with the
toploader many other ford trannies [including tremec and v6/v8 t5s]
are 4.85"; some truck trannies are 5.125".