---------------
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2008 22:11:00 -0500 (EST)
From: "Mark Dominesey" <LostWater@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hello All, New list member here as well as new Rambler owner.

My 58 Rambler American has low oil pressure after it warms up (at least
the low oil pressure light comes on once the car has warmed up).

I have not checked oil pressure with a gauge through the spark plug holes,
but that is the next task.

My question is, if my pressure is indeed low when warm, what is problem?
Someone told me either bad pump or bad bearings.  I am hesitant to think
that it could be bad bearing as it runs really good.  Bad pump is
something I may agree with.

I will first check the pressure on the cylinders, if they check out ok,
then I will look at the sender, then the pump.

It could just be a bad sender, maybe? Or old/bad wiring to the gauge?

If it is the pump, where is the pump located on this engine?  Is it behind
the oil pan like other engines?  If so, how do I get it out to replace it?

I am hoping someone can help!  Thanks!

--
Frank Swygert
Publisher, "American Motors Cars"