Re: [Amc-list] Flexplate & Mini-Starter Questions for 727 auto

That should be correct, but I don't totally trust the parts listing for some flexplates (I have found errors, like a weighted flexplate for a 258 in a '77 Jtruck with TH400. I picked up an OEM one I WAS going to use to put a TH400 behind a 4.0L in an FSJ. It should also work for a 700R4 or 200R4 converter with a converter spacer to match the bell adapter ring thickness)

From: Greg Taylor <amundaza@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Amc-list] Flexplate & Mini-Starter Questions for 727
	auto
To: "AMC/Rambler owners, drivers and fans." <amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hi Jim,
  I'm looking to run my existing 89 GW starter, use an '89 Wragler 258 neutral flexplate and the existing '89 GW torque converter.  Does this sound like the right track?  Thanks.

  Greg :)  <><

Jim Blair <carnuck@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  The torque converter also changed in '88. It was made to allow for the offset of the flexplate. At least one lister found out the hard way that the converter takes out the front pump if you bolt it behind an AW4 flexplate (same offset as the '88 and later FSJs. Starter is the same as a 4.0L one too)