Re: [Amc-list] Low Oil Pressure when warm, 58 Rambler American

On Tue, 26 Feb 2008, Mark Dominesey wrote:

> Hello All, New list member here as well as new Rambler owner.

Welcome!

> My 58 Rambler American has low oil pressure after it warms up (at least
> the low oil pressure light comes on once the car has warmed up).
>
> I have not checked oil pressure with a gauge through the spark plug holes,
> but that is the next task.

Not sure what you mean by 'spark plug holes' but the first
thing I would do is put a pressure gauge in the sender hole
and MEASURE oil pressure.  Simple and immediate answer!

> It could just be a bad sender, maybe? Or old/bad wiring to the gauge?

Maybe a bad sender, but why spin engine bearings while you wait to find
out?