Re: [Amc-list] Part numbers again - rotor, condensor, points

You sure that problem wasn't with the BID ignition? (I saw lots of probs with those)

From: Wrambler242@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Amc-list] Part numbers again - rotor, condensor, points
To: "AMC/Rambler owners, drivers and fans." <amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Yeah, it's theoreticaly a problem as I forgot the groove is indeed on the shaft.
Again, One could cut a new groove in the opposite direction then plug the original with JB weld or silver solder?
I remember having a problem with some 4.0Ls pumping oil up into the dist itself.
IIRC, I experimented by lengthening the groove down below the gear thinking it was meant to keep the oil from crawling up the shaft! I have no idea of why, but I think it worked as I don't recall getting any of those vehicles back for the problem.
  Now, in retrospect I have no idea of why that would have worked if it was inded a groove meant to move the oil up that shaft? :]
  That was a long time ago.

--
Mark Price