Re: [Amc-list] fan blower housing and license tag paint

Re: [Amc-list] fan blower housing and license tag paint

Joe,

The brake cleaner does a wonderful job of removing oily residue from
stuff you are going to paint. I typically follow that up with a wax and
grease remover, sand (or media blast), more wax and grease remover,
prime, and paint. I'd also recommend  taking the housing apart since the
motor windings are coated with lacquer and you don't want to remove that.

Matt

Joe Smith wrote:
> I got the fan blower housing off of my parts car and would like to paint it.  It has WD40 and PB Blaster on it.  What should I clean it with before I paint it, and what should I paint it with?  Krylon?
>
> My license tags need touched up.  What kind of paint do I use on them?  They are CA Black and Yellow.
>
> Thanks!
> Joe

mhaas@xxxxxxx
Cincinnati, OH