Re: [Amc-list] AutoZone Parts, etc.

On Sat, 23 Feb 2008, KENT ANDERSON wrote:

> Just as an FYI, I bought a carb kit from AZ recently, and it was under $15.  A friend of mine bought one from an on-line AMC store and it was $30 for the exact same kit, without the Sorensen box wrapped around it.  AZ has come through several times for me, lately, at a reasonable price, too.

Oh I agree; AutoZone has good stuff, but it's often mixed in
with junk.  It used to be, you *usually* got good auto parts, and
the price varied, so you'd shop by price. That's all ended, old
brands are sometimes mere names on boxes with junk inside, and
Taiwanese and Chinese knockoffs are good quality (some times).
That's capitalism (umm, more accurately, massively integrated
transnational corporations) for you. Buyer beware and all that.

But imagine where we'd be without the internet, online parts
stores and UPS shipping... !!