Re: [Amc-list] Part numbers again - rotor, condensor, points

Check Chev 6 of '60s vintage. Just went through that with my buddy's '69 IH Travelall with the gutless 242 6 cyl. It runs well, but sucks gas w/o giving up any power! At 60 on the flats it's maxed out for speed/RPM and any slight hill slows it to a crawl!

From: Bruce Griffis <bruce.griffis@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Amc-list] Part numbers again - rotor, condensor, points
To: amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx

Okay - I wandered in to my local happy parts store, we opened up the book and ordered points, condensor, rotor, plugs, distributor cap, spark plug wires and a coil. Of the lot - the coil and wires are good. Spark plugs are longer than the ones I took out. Rotor looks nothing like what's in the car. Distributor cap looks close, but does not have the screws to screw it down. Condensor looks odd.

So - what part numbers do I need to order? Are the part numbers available at AMCRC? Looking for tune-up part numbers for a '65 Rambler American 330 with the 196 OHV.

(I swear - you guys must have a LOT of patience!)