Re: [Amc-list] 71 Gremlin 232 (AMC 15 axle vs AMC 20)

On Fri, 22 Feb 2008, Davis Martin wrote:

> Ok almost any rear will stand up to 300 HP or more if it a peg leg non posi with 0 traction. But what is the fun in that? One wheel peel is not most people's idea of performance. I would say that the same rear with stickies might not last the 2nd burnout.

You're absolutely right; but not everyone is after maximum
dragstrip performance! Lots (maybe most) car nuts I know of are
after improvements, for fun, knowledge, and the satisfaction
of doing; getting another 25hp out of a modest little economy
six is a hell of a lot of fun, and it doesn't stress the car
or the wallet.

This part of the thread started with someone talking about
mild hop-ups on a 232ci six, vs. possibly a stock? 304ci v8 in
a Gremlin.