Re: [Amc-list] The '65 American 330 cranks - now to figure why it won'ts

Re: [Amc-list] The '65 American 330 cranks - now to figure why it won'tstart

*hehehehe*
Oh, well.
Here is the beginning of that story:  The parts I missed.
I'm assuming now only two things were not done:
1-compression test.  DO it.
2-CLEAN the points and check the connections of the low tension wires.
(*and adjust the points as well.  Keep in mind the collapsed points are a
bugaboo; my '67 with 'no' miles (OK, it's 37,000 now) has collapsed the
points twice already (with lubrication no less).  For some reason the
'riser' on points (the part which 'rides' on the distributor's cam) likes to
MELT!  (What happened to that old Nylon-web-hard riser?  This is crappola
Poopy plastic and this MELTS it's way to collapse.  The ONLY solution I
found was replace the points with an OLD set (which I know to be good.  Old
means age, not use.  The points are probably 30 years old but were 'new'.)
So clean and adjust the points and clean the connections on the coil and
distributor.  Pull each wire off at both ends, wiggle 'em back in so you can
be certain of good contact.
The only thing which will keep this from running is 'whipped' innards.  You
can't determine that without first doing the compression checks.
Oh, yeah, of course...Clean the plugs off with carb cleaner.  Oil is an
insulator.
Jerijan