[Amc-list] New AMC & more...

Just gotta add my 3 cents worth.
It definately rang up some extra sales for HR as I had to run out a get one too!  Even though the many disheartened diehard AMC fans were disappointed. I gotta say with respect to those who were offended, I wasn't.

I'm not sure about you other AMC owners, but during the last 13 years that I have owned 14 different ones, I learned something from the beginning... we amuse people.  I was offended a bit at first, but when I learned that it was not going away, hey that's life!  and I love it.  The teasing is a form of attention.  You know how it feels when you are out in your AMC and get the looks.
All of us in the hobby know the history and STRONG standing AMC held for many years.  I have also learned that I cannot enjoy driving unless it is something that stands out and gets in the way!

Always had some questions along the way, like when the NASCAR toy series came out, why there wasn't the Allison Matador?  Didn't he make a name with it, a couple years?  I believe it was Car Craft (or someone) did a 500hp build challenge and AMC was able to do it w/their own performance parts, for less?  I went to NAMDRA Nationals at Cordova a few years back and took a new friend, who never had been to the drags, and did like the AMC's I had.  After a couple days and seeing Joe Pinsonault run his 8 second (or so).  I reminded my friend that this is the BEST way to start.  As in life when you talk about it-no one will believe you witnessing an AMC do that, but you seen it!

Early on in my AMC life I read an article that the 1969 AMX was tested against a 69 vette small bolck and another w/big block.  It beat the small block by a second and was only 1 second behind the big block.  SO personally, I really enjoy the attention, stares and then to share the truth behind the company. That AMC was in the midst of the competition and also operating in the BLACK for many years.  Something was being done right.

As for the article?  Yeah, that felt as good as Heraldo Raverez opening Al Capones vault.  VERY dissapointed there was nothing there!  But then realized that I was entertained with imaging what could there be for an hour +?  That was entertainment.  The article?  Well, it is something that COULD happen.  Nowadays  someone has too much money.  Even if not, what awsome designs that were AMC, streached into the new century. I would buy them.

I have enjoyed all the talk on the list, and will e-mail HR to thank them for my dream sequesnce.
BTW.  1 day left on my e-bay (matadorman75) auctions and a lot of those $7 t-shirts waiting for a home.  Blessings,Richard Estermyer javelinman74@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx