[Amc-list] Score!!

First, I named my '63 American 440 "Ramble".  Maybe not original but it suits us.  Second, I named the parts car Mahatma.  I had thought about other names, but they seemed kind of sacreligious...

So anyway, Mahatma, came without any keys and Ramble came with only and ignition key and busted locks, no trunk lock at all.  Mahatma had 1 good lock and a trunk lock but we couldn't open it.  So, to open Mahatma's trunk, we took out the back seat.  It wasn't very easy, but it was only held in by two nuts and 2 screws so it wasn't very hard either.

Mahatma had a box full of old tools in his trunk (you can see them on my blog) and a LOCKING GAS CAP!! Not just any old gas cap but an actual American Gas Cap!! BTW, did you know they were made in Hong Kong?  Anyway, after fiddling with it a bit, I figured out how to rekey it, so I rekeyed it and the two door locks.  I repaired one of the original locks using a black spring paperclip.  However, I can't figure out how to rekey the trunk lock, so I guess I will have to go to Orange Lock and Key (in Orange, CA).  I am so pleased with this progress, I just had to share the info with you all.
http://360.yahoo.com/karl_haart
Joe