[Amc-list] 195.6 OHV Progress Sorta

It's not a perfect world or at least a cheap one.

I finally started measuring clearances on the used
.060 oversize engine block today and found that, even
with a new .060 oversize piston in #1 cylinder the
piston skirt to bore clearance was excessive.  The
manual says .0006 to .0017 is acceptable.  I was
measuring at least .004  Two other cylinders were
comparable so I consulted with the machinist and he
said bring him another block.  I had asked him to try
to save this block by just honing it and that's what
they did.  I have a great set of .060 oversize pistons
I want to reuse, hence the request to try to save the
block.

No joy.  I have another .040 oversize block which I
will take to the machine shop on Monday.  It pays to
have spare parts lying around.  More expense, but at
least I know the engine will be closer to being
correct.

Joe Fulton
Salinas, CA