Re: [Amc-list] April Fools- Hotrod Article

Re: [Amc-list] April Fools- Hotrod Article

Frank, I wasn't referring to your magazine or the who needs 'em quote. I
was referring to the can we call the National and International clubs
quote that I assumed Jock put on there as being a scary suggestion of
overreaction. Your magazine is cool, sure wouldn't call it scary!

Steve

Steve, I tend to agree with you. The article used AMC in a "fun" way, with
no harm meant. There are a few here who wish they were independently
wealthy enough to resurrect AMC in one form or another I'm sure! It's a
good "what if" exercise if nothing else. They could have played it another
way, and had GM/Ford/Chrysler all merge to form a new "AMC", but that
would hit to close to what could end up as truth.

I am, however, surprised that you think the quote you mentioned was
"scary". I suppose you meant the "who needs 'em" though, and not that my
little mag is out there, and the thank you for it...

While I wish I could get big enough for newsstands, it's not likely to
happen for ANY type of AMC magazine. Even if I switched to an all
performance format (which would be the most likely to succeed) there isn't
a big enough market. We (the AMC hobby) does need coverage and positive
recognition in the mainstream "all makes" rags -- even if we did have a
big all AMC magazine.

Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2008 17:03:31 -0000 (GMT)
From: stover at surfside.net

  The reactions of some on this site and on the AMC Forum really
flabbergasts me. The comment below simply is scary on one hand,
laughable on the other. I'm not truly surprised by the point of view I'm
addressing, but I am dismayed and amazed by the kneejerk responses. It's
a bit late to undue the potential harm done by those registering their
"disgust"with the article by firing off a nastygram or by withdrawing
their subscription.