Brien Tourville <hh7x@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Citric Acid As A Rust Remover

Posted by: "Monika Knutson" needsresto

Wed Feb 6, 2008 5:56 pm (PST)

Morning Group
I just mixed up a cup of hot water with 3 tblsp citric acid and immersed
a piece of rusty steel in it. Will report back on the results this PM.
Allen '74 914 2.0L "Never too much liquid wrench......

Citric Acid as A Rust Remover

Posted by: "Monika Knutson" needsresto

Wed Feb 6, 2008 5:58 pm (PST)

Citric acid does work!
Just took a look at my sample test and what was below the water line was
clean metal.
Next test is to spray a larger sample, a small table base, and see what
happens. Plan to periodically spray the piece with a small hand held
sprayer and keep it in a plastic garbage bag to help keep the moisture
confined so the surfaces won't dry out.
See what happens...
Allen'74 914 2.0L "Never too much liquid wrench......

"