Re: [Amc-list] Shipping Fenders

Maybe lay the fenders on a piece of 1/4" plywood then wrap the fender and plywood with cardboard? That would provide some rigidity without increasing weight as much as a crate would. They would still be "top stack only", but should provide enough support to prevent twisting.

--------------
Date: Wed, 06 Feb 2008 20:21:18 -0500
From: Matt Haas <mhaas@xxxxxxx>

Nick ALFANO wrote:
<snip>

> > Fenders are rigid so you don't really need to put them in a box.

</snip>

I would beg to differ, at least for American's. I've had the fenders off
of my 68 several times and they flop around quite a bit. I would crate
them. Mark got an excellent deal on these and it would be a shame for
them to get messed up in shipping.

--
Frank Swygert
Publisher, "American Motors Cars"