Re: [Amc-list] shipping fenders

I would highly recommend against DHL. My work has shipped with them twice and been screwed both times. One of those times we had a very large package to ship. UPS was most expensive, followed by FedEx. We checked DHL and they quoted us HALF of FedEx price. We questioned it and they assured us that was the price and they would even pick it up for that price. So we had them pick it up and an hour later they called and said that they got it back to their facilities and discovered that they had overcharged us and the actual price was about 2/3 what they had charged us. They sent a driver back with our check and got a corrected check. Again we asked if they were sure and they insisted that was correct.
About 2 weeks later they sent us a bill saying they had undercharged us and now wanted TWICE the FedEx price, in ADDITION to what we had already paid. When my boss explained the situation they said "That's not possible, we would not have done that". Finally after fighting with them on it for two days he negotiated to pay them half of what they were asking just get rid of them and we have never shipped another thing with them.

Now, as far as receiving. Our 3 main distributors are in Salem, Tualatin and Clackamas, OR. Two of them ship to us by UPS and the third one normally uses FedEx. However, they have occasionally decided to use DHL "To cut costs". We can order a package by 3 pm monday and , if shipped by UPS or FedEx, have it by 2 pm on tuesday or order by 3 pm on friday and have it by 2 pm on monday. When this one distributor decides to use DHL, orders placed by 3pm monday arrive after 2 pm as early as wednesday but no later than thursday and orders on friday usually arrive after 2 pm tuesday. We have now requested that our orders NOT be sent through DHL.

Jamie Smith
Spokane, WA