Re: [Amc-list] Hold down spring yanker thing - huh?

Re: [Amc-list] Hold down spring yanker thing - huh?

Bruce; in my tool drawer for brake specific stuff I
keep a screw driver that is small enough to fit down
the middle of those holddown springs. I took my dremel
and cut a slot in the middle od the flat blade, so
that it wont slip off the spring loop.
The screwdriver is just one of those cheap $1 items
not worth using except for this specific purpose.
You can use your small screwdriver without cutting the
slot and it might take you three or four tries,
sometimes you will be lucky and get it on the first
try, but after that one time you will see what I am
talking about.
With the altered screwdriver you can pop those springs
in a bout a flash and a half....Russ