Re: [Amc-list] $2500 Car

" From: amxron <amxron@xxxxxxxxxxx>
"
" Whats the catch? No emmissions or safety standards for sure, slave labor? Can I put a mower deck under it? 33hp yet only 50mpg, this thing must only weigh 1500 lbs or less. A million bumper cars dodging cows and bicycles, wow what a concept.

i'd guess -way- less than 1500.  my dad's saab 96 weighed 1650, and it
was so strong you could roll it onto its roof and only oilcan the
panel - i know 'cause that's how we got it, an insurance loss in
shipping.  it had 70hp and got 30-something mpg, back when gas was
28c/gal.

the engine probably has no electronics, might even be a 2-stroke.  in
that case, compare it to small cars of the '50s and '60s and 50mpg
isn't bad at all.  i'm sure they could improve mileage significantly,
but only with doo-dads that would up the initial cost.

btw, iirc a fiat 500 weighed something like 900 lbs, a 2cv ~1100.
what's a met weigh?