Re: [Amc-list] [FSJ-List] Re: AMC Pedestal Mount Scorpion Roller Rockers

Re: [Amc-list] [FSJ-List] Re: AMC Pedestal Mount Scorpion Roller Rockers (for V8 .... Confirmed)

I got ahold of the vendor I am ordering them through.  They went through the Scorpion Catalog which lists them as V8.  They also checked with their guys in the shop that said they are AMC V8 (not V6).

  Sincerely,
  Greg Taylor :)  <><

Greg Taylor <amundaza@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  I did some more digging and don't see ANY Chevy V6 rockers listed with Scorpion ... I think their website might be a typo still ... I have left a message with their engine builder (at Scorpion) to find out for sure if they are V-6 or V8 Pedestal Mount Rockers ... as they make Ford V8 Pedestal Mount Rockers.

I'll follow up when I know more.

Greg :) <><

Greg Taylor wrote:
Hi Ken and all,
I just called Scorpion to confirm and they are for a V6 (2.8) and not the Pedestal Mount V8's. Looks like Harland Sharp is the only one that sells the pedestal mount V8 bolt-on roller rockers.

Sincerely,
Greg Taylor

Ken Ames wrote:
So how come these links refer to an AMC 'V' six, not inline six? Are they
thinking of the 2.8 or do they think all 6s are V-type? Don't see that part
number in the Chev section.

Ken

Quoting Greg Taylor :

> Has anyone run the Scorpion Performance bolt-on roller rockers for the 5/16"
> pedestal mount (bridged rockers) AMC V8's. I've seen a few posts regarding
> them on the IFSJA.org forums, but am looking for feedback. Thanks!
>
> Here are links:
>
> http://www.scorpionperformance.com/newsite1/scorpion.php?category_id=58
>
> http://www.flatlanderracing.com/scorpionrockers.html ( $229 )
>
> http://www.mountainperformanceonline.com/product_p/scp1097.htm ( $176 )
>

> Sincerely,
> Greg Taylor :) <><
>
> And the testimony is this, that God has given us eternal life, and this life
> is in His Son. He who has the Son has the life; he who does not have the Son
> of God does not have the life. - 1 John 5:11-12

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
(Yahoo! ID required)