Re: [Amc-list] info on eagle transmission

The 998 was used in Eagles and 72+ AMC 304 V-8 cars. The 999 is a slightly stronger later model used in Jeep Wranglers with the 4.0L (and 258). Either will fit the Eagle.

--------------------
Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2008 21:33:50 -0800
From: "Jamie Smith" <oconner51@xxxxxxxxxxx>

The automatic transmission in my 86 Eagle is going out. I have found someone selling one (he says it is a TF998?) Am I mistaken or was there NOT a 998? I thought there was 727 or 999? Anyway, how do I know what tranny is in my Eagle? The guy selling this tranny says it will fit in any Eagle with a 6 cylinder. He said he also has a T-5 but I am only interested in the auto.

--
Frank Swygert
Publisher, "American Motors Cars"