  From: "Ron Waters" <ron@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  To: amundaza@xxxxxxxxx
  Subject: AMC 360 Heads
  Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2008 01:25:53 -0500

  Greg..

  Have done alot of work on street performance 360's and have found that by using the 304 heads and installing chevy 1.94" intake and 1.6" exhaust valves (ps: Chevy stainless valves are real cheap too) and blending the bowl area for the bigger valves, that bottom and midrange hp and torque go way up compared to the 360/401 valve sizes which really hurt the 360 in the bottom and midrange with compressions ratios for today's pump gas. (8.5 - 9.5 +/- compression). The engines if set up with the right cam, intake, carb, etc will still pull to 5500-6000 rpm. We also make sure the valves are un-shrouded (fly cut the chamber walls around the valves) and usually open the chambers up to about 62cc's. Even if you do nothing to bring the compression back up with the larger chambers, the breathing efficiency gain is more than what is lost with a little less compression. Cutting a little of the stock head surfaces after opening the chambers up will help a little as will decking the
 block as much as feasible.

  Ron Waters
  WSC Motorsports
  770-413-9126