[Amc-list] oil pressure drop question

Any comments on this issue? I was traveling at about 70 mph today on the freeway in my 390 AMX. The car had already been driven about 15 miles. Suddenly, i heard some lifter noise and the oil pressure dropped to about 20-30 for a few seconds, then returned to normal (about 70).  This has never happened before. The motor was completely overhauled about 3,000 miles ago, but the oil pump wasn't replaced.  Did the motor incur any damage? Should I replace the oil pump or other components?

Thanks for your input.

Steve

It has removed 15109 spam emails to date.