--------------
Date: Sat, 05 Jan 2008 19:44:21 -0800
From: Tom Jennings <tomj@xxxxxxx>

I'm trying to determine the shaft size for the early American steering box
without pulling the wheel...

* Does anyone know if a Classic/Ambassador wheel fits on an American? (both
1963 or so)

I find it a bit odd that the American steering wheel for 61-63 is so
different from the big car. The American, the horn ring screws on from the
bottom, and the puller is a concentric thread. The Classic, the horn ring
is the push-down-and-turn and a simple puller.

AND

Date: Sun, 06 Jan 2008 05:11:03 +0000
From: Wrambler242@xxxxxxxxxxx

Tom,
 I fear that the problem is that the 63 American is the end of a line, the 63 Classic is the beginning.

--
Frank Swygert
Publisher, "American Motors Cars"