Re: [Amc-list] Brake rebuild kit for 1965 American 330 Sedan?

-- Matt Haas <mhaas@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> What's even better is my 67 American wagon has Wagner brakes. Both the
> TSM and the parts book say it should have Bendix. My 68 does have Bendix
> and honestly, I don't notice any difference in braking between the two.

Wow, then pretty much it appears randomly distributed from our point of
view.

To be honest, I don't even know WHY there are two brands; the parts
practically interchange! Drums are the same sometimes, I use Wagner shoe
hold downs on Bendix systems, the self-adjusters are identical I think...

I have to update my CGI progamming skills (I hate doing it) to complete the
brake database. It's so close!