Re: [Amc-list] decals

If you are planning to repaint the car right away,
just sand them off.  I needed to save the paint on my
77 Gremlin X and sanded off the side stripes starting
with 1500 grit paper and working up to about 600 grit
to get the decals off.  Then I sanded carefully with
finer grit again to repair it for buffing.  On the
doors you can see the sanded area but on the quarters
the paint held up better and there is no trace of the
hockey stick sripes.

Joe Fulton