Re: [Amc-list] Progress Report 195.6 OHV

Re: [Amc-list] Progress Report 195.6 OHV

I found the oil pan gasket set at Olson's Gaskets in
Washington.  The gentleman at Olson's Gaskets said he
also can get a complete overhaul gasket set for the
196 which includes the oil pan gaskets from a company
in California.  He was aware that Felpro sometimes
deletes portions of gasket sets with little or no
notice.  He has experienced the same issue with
industrial engine gasket sets.  Anyway, the oil pan
gaskets should be on their way Wednesday.

I stopped by the machine shop and the machinist was
working on the head.  He plans to resurface it because
it is slightly warped and he had already relined the
valve guides with new brass liners because the
previous machine work was poor.  The valves are
re-usable.

The guys at the machine shop had never heard of
Johnson Bearings.  These guys have been in business
for years, so Johnson Bronze must have gone out of
business years ago or they could have been an obscure
brand.

Regards,
Joe Fulton