Re: [Amc-list] AMO or AMCRC? or Local? (AMC-List history -- short term)

-- Frank Swygert <farna@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> Technically, or at least the way it started a couple years ago (almost
> three!) when I took over, is list ownership is mine. When I mentioned
> moving servers Tom volunteered space on his, only asking for help with
> upgrades as necessary rather than making a monthly payment. After the
> list was moved to Tom's server we both started sharing moderator duties
> with him of course taking care of the server/software end. So basically
> Tom and I co-own the list. Realistically, you all do. Tom and I are just
> the "care-takers".

I'm with Frank 100% on this. It's pretty much his list in a day-to-day
sense, but it's everyone's list, really, not just lip service. Your
membership in the list is totally voluntary and everyone knows it, and "the
AMC list" ain't worth scraped-off rust without everyone here.

I run the hardware it sits on, but it could all move from here any time,
like a swarm of bees :-) You're free to archive the list postings -- Ralph
Ausman has and does -- and keep your own copies. We're not builing empires
here.