Re: [Amc-list] Link to pics of the '65 Rambler American 330

Re: [Amc-list] Link to pics of the '65 Rambler American 330

Thanks for all the suggestions. I'm really looking forward to bringing it
home and getting started on it. The idea for the engine is a good one. I'm
hoping it isn't stuck (haven't messed with it yet) - but the owner had it
rebuilt about 6,000 miles ago. Unfortunately, it hasn't been started in 4
years. So - I'll put some oil in each cylinder and either gently bump it
after letting the oil work for a while (don't want to score anything) - or
put a strap wrench on the crankshaft pully and gently turn it (we did that
for a frozen Chevy 350 - and got that running).  Fingers crossed - hoping
nothing is rusted stuck. Think I'll just use the strap wrench before hitting
the starter just in case.

We're picking it up Saturday morning. I need to figure out how to get it
down the driveway without brakes. The driveway is short, but has a pretty
steep decent.

Russ - sounds like you have some great cars! I originally wanted a wagon (I
have three muddy, excited, flop-eared drooly beagles - and they do a number
on my Corolla seats and windows) - but couldn't pass up the sedan.