Re: [Amc-list] Bedliner/foam in rails

--- Don <don_nsx@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Mark,
> The foam I was looking at, is called Great Stuff and
> is sold by Dow
> Chemical.
> The part below is the info off their website
> describing the difference
> between "open cell" and "closed cell" foams.
> Although they don't say water
> proof, I sprayed this stuff into a piece of frame
> rail, let it dry, weighed
> it and then dumped it into water over night. The
> next day, after blowing off
> the outside, the part weighed the same as before,
> indicating that it did not
> pick up any water.

Three or four years ago now, I bought a 69 AMX project
car from an Ebay auction.  It had sat in the San Jose
area and the seller had put spray type insulating foam
between the out skin of the car and the inner
structure in the C-pillar area. There was some velvet
added to the door panels too.  The interior was out of
the car and you could see the foamed areas.  The whole
idea of having that foam in there just turned me off.
The foam would have been very difficult to remove.
The body was in otherwise good shape (CA car) but I
could not enthused about working on it so I sold it.
It was cheap to buy and I sold it cheap too.  I don't
regret it, but I have heard that an eventual owner did
fix the car up rather nicely.

Joe Fulton
Salinas, CA