Re: [Amc-list] Rear mount Turbos

-- David Crooks <david.crooks@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> The rear mount in this discussion stems from a web page
> showing the turbo mounted BEHIND the rear axle on an S10
> pickup....   A very different situation than under the
> floor like you're talking about!

I'm sorry, but a turbo mounted behind the rear axle on an S10 is just plain
silly. I don't believe it will do much useful work.

Not only is there little enough energy to extract, you gotta push all that
compressed air back to the front of the car. It's hard to believe also that
an S10 can't have a turbo much further forward. Losses, losses, losses.