Re: [Amc-list] rear mount turbo

The energy that makes the engine work is in the heat and expansion of the gases.  But when the exhaust valve opens it's the differential of combustion chamber pressure to atmospheric pressure that evacuates the gases.  It's the size of the exhaust tubing (diameter and length) that would reduce the "speed" of the exhaust gases.  Isn't this correct Frank?

Dan whitehead
-- Ken Ames <ameskg@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:> ...but as the exhaust cools it looses velocity. The farther the turbo the> cooler/slower the exhaust.>> right?? Yeah, and the energy drops of really fast. The energy is in the heat that makes the gas expand. Apparently it does work, but I'd like to see real numbers, not just seat-of-the-pants claims. I'm skeptical... but I'm willing to be wrong.