Re: [Amc-list] 195.6/T5

" From: Jim Blair <carnuck@xxxxxxxxxxx>
"
" I always thought it was a T15? 289/3 speed std from the factory, column shift 66 Fairlane. I replaced it with the 4 speed with O/D and put reverse on an under dash shift cable before I converted the car to auto for my wife (which was before it's Tbolt copy mate was stolen)

that would be a t86/t87/t90, as the t15 didn't exist until '68.
crashbox 1st?  this should have the same almost-square bellhousing
pattern and similar 6-bolt cover but main case is ~8" vs. the t15's
~10".

btw they offered the t86 with r10 o/d up to '67, in 289 cars.

" On another subject, my buddy Brian has a '68 IH Travelall with 241 that had a bad 3 speed replaced by the PO (Oregon DOT) with a T89 and a 202 tcase. He's wondering if the trans can be swapped easily behind the Nash 327 we have from the '66 Wagoneer he parted?

jeep also used the t85/t89, so you might have to go as far as swapping
some tranny guts but i don't see why it wouldn't work.  i wouldn't be
surprised to find they used the same case but both jeep and ih were
notorious for using all kinds of input shafts, practically one for
every different application, and there are a couple of different
gearsets too.

wasn't the np202 t/c also used in the kaiser m715?

" From: adh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Sandwich Maker)
"
" " From: Jim Blair <carnuck@xxxxxxxxxxx>
" "
" " back when I was playing with my Fairlanes, I bought an adapter plate to bolt a T5 up to the T15 bell from http://darkhorseperformance.com (If you mention Rambler he'll probably ignore you because someone with RM drove him crazy trying to wear him down on his price for a trans)
"
" t15 bell?  or t14?  big difference!