[Amc-list] 232 rebuild time

Well I tried to tune the idle bump bump bump out of the 63 Classic (the
propanemobile) but no go. It's slowly gotten worse over the years. It's #6
missing at idle but not at speed. Its got the worst compression. It used to
be just a bit leaner than the others at idle (vacuum pickoffs over that
cyl, I pinched the hose it idled smooth; not a leak, long story) but that's
no longer the case. Power is dropping, so's mileage. Rear seal seeps a bit,
plus usual minor pan leaks.

It's got 200K+ miles and 20 years on the last rebuild, so I can't complain.
Runs fine otherwise. But I think before anything goes haywire I should
refresh it.

I can't wait to see the crank; when it was rebuilt in 1987 the journals
were perfect, no scoring, perfectly round, all 13 of 'em, so it got
polished and went back in at 0-over. I'm hoping it stayed perfect with
Mobil1 and LP. The block was 30 over so I'll probably have to drill bigger
holes, 60's doable isn't it?

It's otherwise dead stock 1970 232. Oh yeah, I'm dumping LPG from this car,
switching back to gasoline. It's just proving to be too inconvenient for my
life as it is for the forseeable future. Gotta find a tank and rebuild the
trunk floor. I'll put on a late aluminum manifold too.

Should be a faster and cheaper rebuild than the 195.6, the car is otherwise
mechanically top notch, so the 232 will get done first. I've got spares of
everything too down to the block, exact same year.