Re: [Amc-list] steering wheel kits

> You're a glutton for punishment!

Eh, life with Ramblers... the other choice is that boring old
chevy crap!

> First you need the special steering
> wheel puller. I had one made but loaned it out and it never returned. At
> least I asked for a deposit first! I assume you have one or I know you
> can make one.

I made one out of a scrap of lexan (really) for the 63
Classic. Two bolts into the 'sheel, a center bolt and nut to
do the pulling.

> For those who don't know, the puller is basically a threaded piece of
> pipe about 1" in diameter with a threaded rod in it. The pipe screws into
> the recess in the center of the wheel, then the threaded rod presses
> against the steering shaft. I think it's a standard fine thread on the

You may be right, the early-early ones I think use the concentric
hole type puller. Eh, that's what welders a refor, right?!

I used a stock Grant kit on the 63 Classic, I just can't recall
which one. The diameter was smaller than the steerin column
shell, but I just made a round thin flat disc and bolted
it to the back of the adapter, the trim cover met it and it
worked fine.