--------------
Date: Sun, 09 Dec 2007 18:19:57 -0800
From: Tom Jennings <tomj@xxxxxxx>

I'm thinking of putting an aftermarket steering wheel on my 63
American.  Has anyone done this? I think all AMCs use basically
the same "mounting kit" -- and is the same spline as one of
the other car brands... anyone know which ones?

I recall from doing my Classic long ago that there's a diameter
issue but I can deal with that -- it's the spline mainly. I
also had to re-make the turn signal canceller and horn slipring.

--
Frank Swygert
Publisher, "American Motors Cars"