Re: [Amc-list] 195.6 OHV Progress

Sounds like good news so far! I look forward to pictures!

How much trash was in the pan? Is it different in texture than
that from an engine with a full-flow filter system?

I'd check the rocker arm's wear... the rockers on mine are
really sloppy, and a lot of oil flows to the top end. The
shaft itself was visibly worn, though I didn't mike it (dumb)
I think there wear is around .001 - .002 or so.

I suppose the right thing to do would be to find new parts,
but that could get pricey. I wonder if the rockers could be
reamed for an oversized shaft... it's just a steel tube with
minor holes and flats on it.