Re: [Amc-list] Fuel Pump Modifications for 232 Six Tech Question

Re: [Amc-list] Fuel Pump Modifications for 232 Six Tech Question

" From: R MORGAN <edatlarge@xxxxxxxxxxx>
"
" Having converted from vacuum to electric wipers on my 1967 Marlin 232-
" Six w/ 2-Barrel Carter Carb some years ago, I was wondering if the
" vacuum booster on the Carter mechanical fuel pump now serves any real
" purpose.  I put a plug in the wiper port at the time of conversion.
" There is a vacuum line that runs from the intake manifold below the
" carb to the other port on the booster.  If I have to replace the fuel
" pump someday, can I elect to go for one that does not have a booster,
" remove the line and plug the manifold??

yes you can.  that vac line only serves to give the booster pump a
head start, and the booster is only for the wipers.

what's your fish like?  i used to have a '67, 232/auto/ps/radio,
stripped otherwise, bronze color.