Re: [Amc-list] Transmission problem

> Transmission M-35.
>
> When I stop the vehicle and put it into park, the vehicle keeps moving.
> It seems that the tranny doesn't lock.
> Does anyone knows what can be the problem that it don't want to lock in
> Park? _________________________________________________________________

If it otherwise works fine, and this is a column shift, likely
it's a combination of misadjusted and worn out. Easily said,
not so easy to get all the accumulated slop out of the shifter.

The hole that the column lever pivots in on the steerin column is
probably ovalled. IT's a hard roll pin in a pot-metal casting,
pretty much gaurenteed to wear out in a few years, never mind
a few decades!

Here's what I did:

http://wps.com/AMC/Column-shifter-fix/index.html

It's invasive, but inexpensive, and a permament fix.