[Amc-list] Snap On Trunnion Coil Spring Tool

[Amc-list] Snap On Trunnion Coil Spring Tool

The best tool I have seen for removing the coil springs on front ends with the trunnions is the Snap-On YA1412A Spring compressor.  Long obsolete.  This tool is much better than the factory Kent Moore compressors because it compresses and captures the spring while the factory tool only captures the spring once you compress it, usually by jacking up the opposite corner.  This tool was designed by Snap-On speciffically for the AMC cars.  Remember Snap-On is a Kenosha Wisconsin company.  As luck would have it there are two on eBay right now.  These tools are quite rare.  Here is the link to them both

  http://tinyurl.com/yvrdtg

  http://tinyurl.com/2glpf6