Re: [Amc-list] Rebuilt engine

Also, parts are readily available to rebuild yours. There is no mystery
to these engines and any competent shop should have no problem with the
rebuild.

The only two parts that are slightly difficult to get are pistons and
the water pump (both items were used for four years only -- 64 - 67).
Kanter has both of these items and is good to deal with. When you order
the water pump, make sure to specify that it has a 5/8" heater hose
nipple. 68 and later pumps (which is what most places offer) have a 3/4"
nipple which is wrong for your car.

Matt

JOE FULTON wrote:
> If you are looking for an off-the-shelf rebuilt with a
> warranty, I think some of the commercial rebuilders
> still will sell you a 232.   You will need to make
> sure it is a pre-1972 engine if you want it to bolt up
> to your stock driveline.  Jasper engines in Indiana is
> one source to check.
>
> Joe Fulton
>
> --- Arnaldo Mademilia <turbofish53@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> Does anyone knows where I can buy a complete rebuilt
>> engine?
>> Engine is for a 1966 rambler 770 classic
>> Engine: 232cid 3.8L 6Cyl

>> Explore the seven wonders of the world
>>
> http://search.msn.com/results.aspx?q=7+wonders+world&mkt=en-US&form=QBRE

mhaas@xxxxxxx