Re: [Amc-list] 327 - "...In Your Dreams.."

Re: [Amc-list] 327 - "...In Your Dreams.."

Last I looked, Kantner had a cam for the 327.  I think it is a re-grind.
Isky will re-grind the cam last I heard and there is a company near
Seattle that will make a new cam using specs from the core.  Header
flanges are still available.  The big issue is the heads.  They just
won't flow much unless you add 10 lbs of boost.  I should go out and try
it on my spare 327 but I have been told that you can switch and invert
the exhaust manifolds to allow for a forward turbo hookup.  Not sure if
that is true but will size it up tomorrow if I remember.  I have a mock
up made of the adapters to run a GEN 2 intake on the 327 and I just
bought a used offy intake to cut down for the 327.  Just gradually
getting the pieces together to build up a slightly warmed 327 someday.
Hope by the spring but the engine bay of the 69 needs paint so I can get
the suspension back in the 69, then get the 401 and headers installed etc
etc etc.  After that is the 4.0 swap for the 82 SX/4.  THEN comes the 66.
 At least there is a plan.

Wayne

66 Ambo 990 wagon, 327, auto, PS, PDB, PW, 69 Ambo 2 dr, 401 M12
83 Eagle Limited, 82 Eagle SX/4
88 J10, a real truck
2001 XJ, 2000 Cirrus (both hers)
http://www.superglider.thinkhost.com/