[Amc-list] 327 - "...In Your Dreams.."

From: d stohler <das24rules@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Amc-list] lack of power and backfire
To: amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx
i did not notice a lot
of cam movement when i replaces the timing stuff.
(dont mean it can be happening) what can i do to fix
cam walking if thats the case?

>< cam button in the timing cover - 4.0 came with
an early and late version .

short of replacing cam.
thats not going to happen i dont think. finding a new
cam for a 1st gen? ha. has anyone evern sent in a cam
from one of these engines to crane or comp for a
regrind? how much do they cost and will it really do
much for the engine?

>< cam kit will help -call Crane Cams in Florida, ask for Chase Knight,
Product Manager.

i want to find a 4v hi comp. 327
and open up the intake, stroke it some, and open up
the heads. maybe build a set of headers. would be cool
on a 65. then find an amc super t10? wooo could be
much fun there...... dreaming again....

><  the block / crank are so rock solid, just get
a $600.00 turbo from www.mjmturbo.com - talk with
owner jamie - or - hunt up 2 used MR2 Toyota turbos
on the .net >  either hang them on the cast stock
manifolds or build some turbo headers sending exhaust
forward.

Carburetedblowers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
and Blow_thru Turbo group - I think - all use carbs & turbos.

Get that LPG alum. fuel tank I posted about and an old
school LPG carb - you can
run a Turbo with it  on your Hi Comp 327 engine with LPG - since it's
115 Octane and $1.65 a gallon.

Wanna Party >?

find a Pontiac Sunbird Turbo ECM #7749 -
find the right camaro engine harness - repin the ECM
have MC on bulltear mod an intake to accept fuel injectors
& you have an EFi system for your  current engine or a '327'
when one finds you......

either way - - some used Turbos & your 400+HP richer @ $1.65 Gal.
meaning......... you can actually go somewhere.

just my .o2

--

    =Bt=
milnersXcoupe