--------------------------
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2007 00:09:20 -0500
From: M Walter <redamc1963@xxxxxxxxxxx>

I have a t96 w/ od.  I dont  use the od because it interferes with the Hurst shifter that i put into it.  I've found out the hard way thet once a rambler American column shift goes bad, it stays bad.  While I miss shifting with the flick of the pedal or touch of the clutch, the straight three speed on the floor is far more desirable.  Especially when turning left out of a busy intersection with the column shift unable to grab any gear and your life flashes before your eyes. I have a t14 to put in , but the long parent shaft (that I could cut off to make to fit) and the fact I have yet to find a yoke to fit the harlot have prevented me fron making the switch. So my intetions now are to swap a jeep 4.0, cut the firewall on my 25,000mi. 63 breadbox convt. and give both trannys to my notable friend for his 53 hudson jet. He has the Hollander interchange books which gave me great insight into wy AMC failed. They put 99% new parts in every car every year.  I am still totally hooked
  though.   THANK YOU,  AMC faithful   P.S. I drove a Pacer in High School.

--
Frank Swygert
Publisher, "American Motors Cars"