[Amc-list] windshield chrome strip american / questions

[Amc-list] windshield chrome strip american / questions

>>The strip should be embedded in the
center of the gasket, with about 1/4"
of gasket showing on each side. It wasn't
until 68 or so that the windshields were
held in with a urethane sealant and used
 a snap on chrome moulding. >>>

68 up does require sealant, but there is still
a gasket.  Pre 68 has a split gasket, chrome goes into
the split in the gasket which seals on both sides.

68 up has metal clips around the opening, a solid gasket
around the glass, and you're supposed to goop it
up with sealant around the metal lip and in the
groove and then somehow pull the window into
place without getting sealant everywhere.
Then push the trim into the clips.

Probably another bead of sealant before putting the trim
in is a good idea here.

Questions:
1. Has anyone gotten new gaskets?  The original had
 an extended flap along the inside bottom that covered where
 the dash meets the window opening.  Do the replacements
have this?
2. I remember when pulling the window once before (68) two
small screws stuck into the metal lip that perhaps were designed
to help locate the window? Anybody know about this?

Thanks,
Mike